Frequently Asked Questions
Don’t see your question listed here? Feel free to reach out!
. . .
When does my membership start?
- Your membership starts the day you register with us in office! After your Wellness Assessment, you can decide how you want to continue care with our team. If you decide to continue on with a membership option, it starts the day you upgrade.
What if I change my mind?
- We’re sure you’ll be very happy with your service but if you decide to cancel at any point during the membership term, you will be refunded your amount paid minus fees for services rendered & an administration fee.
Do you take my insurance?
- We do not contract with insurance providers, and would be considered an out-of-network specialist. However, we can provide you with a superbill that can be submitted to insurance and your policy may cover services according to their discretion.
- Due to being out-of-network, we do not directly bill your insurance company, nor are we able to file claims, or check benefits on your behalf.
- We cannot provide a superbill for participants of Medicare, Medicaid, or MN Care. We are not eligible participants for any of these programs.
- In most cases, FSA/HSA dollars may be applied to visits, tests, supplements and botanical medicines.
- Minneapolis Integrative Medicine Center cannot guarantee coverage. Check with your provider for eligibility.
What if I am a member but I need more visits?
- For the vast majority of patients, the allotted amount of visits is enough but should you need more, you can purchase those on an a la carte basis!
What counts as a visit?
- Great question! A visit is an in-person or phone consultation that is conducted by your provider! Your initial visit will be 90 minutes, and follow up visits can range from 30-60minutes. Simple medical questions can be handled via the messaging app and do not count towards your visits. However, if you have a new concern or we deem that your question is too difficult to address over messaging, we may ask you to come in for a visit.
- All non-medical related visits can be addressed by our incredible member experience team.
When should I email my provider?
- We encourage all of our members to reach out to us with simple questions or non-emergent concerns! We strive to get back to you as quickly as possible!
- We love to provide support for things such as nutritional guidance, questions about your treatment plan, opinions on additional research, recipe ideas, or just to say hello!
What is your scheduling and cancelling appointment policy?
- In order to best serve our patients we require a 24-hour cancellation notice for all appointments. If you cancel within 24 hours of your appointments, a $50 cancellation fee may apply to the card on file.
- Not showing up to your appointment, whether that be phone or in-person, will be charge the entire cost of the visit.
- We are always trying to help our patients, and we can be very understanding, but we ask that you respect our time as well and give advanced notice if you plan on missing your appointment.
Is lab testing included in my membership or Wellness Assessment?
- Lab testing is essential to diagnosing and treating the cause of your condition! This allows us to target your treatments specifically. However, no, lab testing is not included in the fees for the Wellness Assessment, membership, or a la carte visits.
- We make every effort to ensure you are well informed of any and all fees associated with getting lab work done prior to collecting the specimen.
- In some cases, lab testing can be billed directly to your insurance. If you know your insurance pays for a particular lab facility (ie. Quest), please let us know in advance so we can make those arrangements.
- Functional lab testing is available and in some cases can be billed directly to your insurance company. Many companies make it very reasonable to get in-depth testing, so please inquire about average costs.
Can I transfer my membership to my child, spouse or friend?
- Just as your health is individual to you, so is your membership. We do not allow members to share, or transfer membership services, including unused visits, to anyone else.
What should I complete before my first visit?
- Prior to your scheduled visit we ask you have all of your new patient paperwork filled out in full so that we can use our time discussing your medical history!
- Please upload any labs and/or imaging to your patient portal that you may have had done so we don’t perform any unnecessary testing!
- You will also need to sign our consent/releases/authorizations prior to your visit!
Can I see a MPLS IMC doctor or dietitian for just a one time visit?
- Membership is the core of our philosophy. Our vision is to help you see results, and many results are not seen overnight. We believe that a meaningful relationship with your practitioner is core to both reversing disease, and preventing future illness. Our model allows for continuous care and the opportunity to work with our team over time at an affordable price.
- With that being said, yes, you can see our doctor or dietitian on an a la carte basis. Paying visit per visit does not come with unlimited messaging with our team.
- You do not need to complete a Wellness Assessment to establish care with our dietitian.
Can MIMC be my primary care provider?
- Although we treat primary care concerns, we cannot be your primary care provider for insurance purposes. Note, we do not have a 24/7 answering service for emergency concerns after business hours, or on weekends. We do encourage (and often help find) our patients to establish care with a local primary care physician for conventional needs that may arise.
- Please also note that we are not board certified specialists, and should you need to see a cardiologist, gynecologist, or any other specialty we can make a proper referral for you. You will be billed separate by those offices and are not included in any visit fees.