Frequently Asked Questions
Don’t see your question listed here? Feel free to reach out!
. . .
When does my membership start?
- Your membership starts the day you register online!
What if I change my mind?
- If you have not had your initial visit with a MPLS IMC doctor, you have 30 days from your membership confirmation date to change your mind and cancel your membership, less a $50 registration fee.
- If you decide to cancel at any point during the membership year, you will be refunded your amount paid minus fees for visits used, charged at a per visit fee.
- The entire cancellation policy is spelled out in our terms & conditions!
Do you take my insurance?
- We do not bill insurance, nor are our services generally covered under insurance plans. We do not submit medical claims to insurance companies, nor can we dispute claims on your behalf
- We encourage our members to maintain the insurance coverage of their choosing. We are happy to provide a superbill if you wish to collaborate with your insurance company about coverage!
- The cost of any services which are not included in your membership fee will be billed directly to you. These costs can include functional lab testing, and any cash pay labs we may run.
- It is also your responsibility to find out the details of your HSA/FSA benefits that may apply to your medical care, supplement or botanical purchases at Minneapolis Integrative Medicine Center.
What if am I an annual member but I need more visits?
- For the vast majority of patients, 7 visits is enough to cover a years worth of comprehensive care! However if you require additional visits you will be charged a $175 visit fee at time of service. You may also upgrade to unlimited doctor visits per year for a one time fee of $1000. This unlimited doctor visit upgrade is only valid for the current membership year.
What counts as a visit with a doctor?
- Great question! A visit is an in-person or phone consultation that is conducted by your provider! Your initial visit will be 75 minutes, and follow up visits can range from 30-60minutes. Simple medical questions can be handled via the messaging app and do not count towards your visits. However, if you have a new concern or we deem that your question is too difficult to address over messaging, we may ask you to come in for a visit.
- All non-medical related visits can be addressed by our staff.
When should I email my doctor?
- We encourage all of our members to reach out to us with simple questions or non-emergent concerns! We strive to get back to you as quickly as possible! However, if you have a new concern or we deem that your question is too difficult to address over messaging, we may ask you to come in for a visit.
- If you require urgent care or immediate care, you should call 911 or visit the nearest emergency room. The costs of these urgent care or emergency room visits are not covered under your membership fees and will be billed to you or your insurance directly from those providers.
What is your scheduling and cancelling appointment policy?
- In order to best serve our patients we require a 24-hour cancellation notice for all appointments. If you cancel within 24 hours of your appointments, a $50 cancellation fee may apply to the card on file.
- Not showing up to your appointment, whether that be phone or in-person, without advanced notice may result in a $100 cancellation fee applied to the card on file.
- We are always trying to help our patients, and we can be very understanding, but we ask that you respect our time as well and give advanced notice if you plan on missing your appointment.
What about lab testing?
- Lab testing is essential to diagnosing and treating the cause of your condition! This allows us to target your treatments specifically. We make every effort to make sure you are well informed of any and all fees associated with getting lab work done prior to collecting the specimen.
- Most lab tests ordered by our doctors will be directly billed to your insurance by the lab. If you know your insurance pays for a particular lab facility (ie. Quest), please let us know in advance so we can make those arrangements.
- Functional lab testing is available and is not covered under most insurance plans. You will be billed directly for these tests, whether that be by MPLS IMC or the lab directly. You are not obligated to purchase any functional lab testing.
Can I transfer my membership to my child, spouse or friend?
- Just as your health is individual to you, so is your membership. We do not allow members to share, or transfer membership services, including unused visits, to anyone else.
What should I complete before my first visit?
- Prior to your scheduled visit we ask you have all of your new patient paperwork fill out in full so that we can use our time discussing your medical history!
- Please bring in labs and/or imaging that you may have had done so we don’t perform any unnecessary testing you may have already had!
- You will also need to sign our consent/releases/authorizations prior to your visit!
Can I see a MPLS IMC doctor for just a one time visit?
- Membership is the core of our philosophy. Our vision is to help you see results, and many results are not seen overnight. We believe that a meaningful relationship with your practitioner is core to both reversing disease, and preventing future illness. Our model allows for continuous care and the opportunity to work with our team over time at an affordable price.
- With that being said, yes, you can see Dr. Wilder on a fee for service basis. Paying visit per visit does not come with unlimited messaging with our doctors. Call for pricing.