JENIKKA TOMASHEK, DNP, APRN, CNP
Jenikka Tomashek is a Certified Nurse Practitioner with a doctorate degree in Nursing and 10 years of experience. She has a broad perspective on patient care: She started her career in small-town nursing in northern Minnesota and transitioned to inner-city emergency medicine. After four years in the ED, she made the switch to Internal Medicine where she has now been practicing for five years. During that switch was when she completed her doctorate at University of Minnesota.
Nursing, which Jenikka’s experience is grounded in, is founded on compassionate, dedicated patient care that also cares deeply about the individual and their story. She believes in the philosophy of finding and treating the root cause of symptoms, educating patients, and focusing on the prevention of future disease.
Jenikka is a diagnostic magician—she understands disease process really well, which gives her a leg up to be able to apply functional medicine principles to her knowledge base. Working in internal medicine, she’s experienced many patients who didn’t heal with conventional treatments. She found functional medicine to be a complement to traditional medicine, and she’s found the combination to be the best way to serve patients.
Jenikka also loves to travel and experience new cultures. She’s visited 15 countries and studied abroad in Venezuela during college.
Jenikka takes a holistic, functional approach to medicine. Coming from a hospital setting as an internal medicine Nurse Practitioner, she has insight into diagnosing and treating more uncommon and unique symptoms while also balancing a patient’s prescription needs.
- Gastrointestinal issues: Jenikka is fascinated by how the gut, microbiome, and inflammation can affect many different issues from hormonal to pain conditions. She treats patients with gas, bloating, constipation/diarrhea, stomach pains, reflux IBS, SIBO, Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, and other complicated gut and digestive symptoms.
- Autoimmunity: Been diagnosed with an autoimmune disorder and need support? Jenikka can help you manage your long-term care, including regular lab testing, treatment concerns, medication evaluation, and more.
- Hormonal imbalances: Dealing with debilitating periods, PMS symptoms, or other possible hormonal imbalances? Jennika can help.
- Fatigue, hair loss, low libido, brain fog, or stubborn weight loss: All of these can often be signs of something bigger going on. If you’re experiencing these symptoms, especially in combination, Jenikka can help diagnose and treat what’s really going on.
- Anxiety, depression, low mood, sleeplessness: If you’re struggling with mood disorders like anxiety or depression, Jenikka can help you find more balance with strategies from medications to lifestyle changes.
- Skin concerns: From rashes and psoriasis to eczema, see Jenikka for help with skin issues!