Answers to some of our common questions.
What is the first step in being a patient at MIMC?
The first step to establishing care with us is called our Wellness Assessment. This is a 90 minute deep dive into your health concerns that allows us to determine a plan for finding the root cause. That plan could include lab testing, referrals or steps you can take immediately to jumpstart your health goals. After the Wellness Assessment, you’ll return for a lab review appointment where you’ll create your comprehensive plan for healing.
Please note, if you are located outside of the state of Minnesota, you will either need to visit our office in person for your appointments, or be able to join virtually from the state of Minnesota. If this is not doable for you, please let us know and we are happy to refer you to another qualified professional in your area!
Why choose the MIMC team?
Unlike other providers, our team is trained in integrative and functional medicine, meaning they take the time to listen to you, take a root-cause approach to diagnosing your concerns, and utilize nutrition, herbs, lifestyle changes, and cutting-edge testing to not only reverse and prevent disease, but to help you thrive.
What is your scheduling and cancelling appointment policy?
- For new patient appointments, we require 48-business hours cancellation notice. If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment to a different date within 48-business hours of your appointment, a cancellation fee of 50% of the visit cost will be charged to the credit card on file.
- For all follow up appointments, we require a 24-hour cancellation notice. If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment to a different date within 24-hours of your appointment, a cancellation fee of 50% of the visit cost will be charged to the credit card on file.
- If you do not show up to your scheduled appointment (no-show), you will be charged the entire cost of the visit which will be charged to the credit card on file.
- We are always trying to help our patients, and can be very understanding, but we ask that you respect our time as well and give advance notice if you plan on missing your appointment.
Can I see a MIMC doctor for just a one time visit?
- Membership is the core of our philosophy. Our vision is to help you see results, and many results are not seen overnight. We believe that a meaningful relationship with your practitioner is core to both reversing disease, and preventing future illness. Our model allows for continuous care and the opportunity to work with our team over time at an affordable price.
- With that being said, yes, you can see our doctors on an a la carte basis. Paying visit per visit does not come with unlimited messaging with your care team.
What should I complete before my first visit?
- Prior to your scheduled visit we ask you have all of your new patient paperwork filled out in full so that we can use our time discussing your medical history!
- Please upload any labs and/or imaging to your patient portal that you may have had done so we don’t perform any unnecessary testing!
- You will also need to sign our consent/releases/authorizations prior to your visit!
Is lab testing included in my membership or Wellness Assessment?
- Lab testing is essential to diagnosing and treating the cause of your condition! This allows us to target your treatments specifically. However, no, lab testing is not included in the fees for the Wellness Assessment, membership, or a la carte visits.
- We make every effort to ensure you are well informed of any and all fees associated with getting lab work done prior to collecting the specimen.
- Fees for blood testing on your initial visit can range from $150-550 & functional testing can range from $200-400 depending on which test is ordered.
Can I use HSA or FSA for my care?
Yes, you can use a HSA or FSA account for your care with us! Your visits may also be covered by your insurance provider as out-of-network medical care. We provide you with a superbill to submit for insurance reimbursement – many members do receive some reimbursement.
What’s included in my membership?
Your membership with us covers all the visits & messaging you may need during the length of your plan.
- Essential Membership
- 6 month plan = 180 minutes to be used in 30 or 60 minute increments
- 12 month plan = 360 minutes to be used in 30 or 60 minute increments
- Regularly scheduled visits via telemedicine with your MIMC Health Coach
- Unlimited messaging with your doctor and health coach
- Discount on all labs, supplements (both in-office and online), IV’s, & injections
- What’s not included:
- Cost of laboratory testing, healthcare services provided by MIMC but not specified as included above (such as IV’s, vitamin injections, etc) medical or non-medical services recommended by MIMC but provided by others (such as specialist referrals, acupuncture or exercise classes), products recommended by MIMC (such as clean beauty, clean cookware, etc.)
What does unlimited messaging include?
We aim to be your partner in health – whether you need a high five or have questions. Unlimited messaging for quick questions, support, or recommendations is available for members through their patient portal. However, if a message is deemed too complicated to address through messaging, your provider may ask you to schedule a brief phone call to discuss. We try to return all messages within 24-28 business hours, as we do not have coverage on nights, weekends or holidays.
Can MIMC be my primary care physician?
Although we treat primary care concerns, we cannot be your primary care provider for insurance purposes. Note, we do not have a 24/7 answering service for emergency concerns after business hours, or on weekends. We do encourage (and often help find) our patients to establish care with a local primary care physician for conventional needs that may arise.
What counts as a visit?
Visits with your provider can take place in-person, via phone or telehealth video platform. Follow up visits can range from 30-60 minutes & frequency is decided between you and your provider.
Can I transfer my membership to my child, spouse or friend?
Just as your health is individual to you, so is your membership. We do not allow members to share, or transfer membership services, including unused visits, to anyone else.
Can my membership be covered by insurance?
- We do not contract with insurance providers, and would be considered an out-of-network specialist. However, we can provide you with a superbill that can be submitted to insurance and your policy may cover services according to their discretion.
- Due to being out-of-network, we do not directly bill your insurance company, nor are we able to file claims, or check benefits on your behalf.
- We cannot provide a superbill for participants of Medicare, Medicaid, or MN Care. We are not eligible participants for any of these programs.
- In most cases, FSA/HSA dollars may be applied to visits, tests, supplements and botanical medicines.