Answers to some of our common questions.
What is the first step in being a patient at MIMC?
The first step to establishing care with us is called our Wellness Assessment. This is a 90 minute deep dive into your health concerns that allows us to determine a plan for finding the root cause. That plan could include lab testing, referrals or steps you can take immediately to jumpstart your health goals. After the Wellness Assessment, you’ll return for a lab review appointment where you’ll create your comprehensive plan for healing.
Why choose the MIMC team?
Unlike other providers, our team is trained in integrative and functional medicine, meaning they take the time to listen to you, take a root-cause approach to diagnosing your concerns, and utilize nutrition, herbs, lifestyle changes, and cutting-edge testing to not only reverse and prevent disease, but to help you thrive.
What is your scheduling and cancelling appointment policy?
- In order to best serve our patients we require a 24-hour cancellation notice for all appointments. If you cancel within 24 hours of your appointments, a $50 cancellation fee may apply to the card on file.
- Not showing up to your appointment, whether that be phone or in-person, will be charge the entire cost of the visit.
- We are always trying to help our patients, and we can be very understanding, but we ask that you respect our time as well and give advanced notice if you plan on missing your appointment.
Can I see a MIMC doctor or dietitian for just a one time visit?
- Membership is the core of our philosophy. Our vision is to help you see results, and many results are not seen overnight. We believe that a meaningful relationship with your practitioner is core to both reversing disease, and preventing future illness. Our model allows for continuous care and the opportunity to work with our team over time at an affordable price.
- With that being said, yes, you can see our doctor or dietitian on an a la carte basis. Paying visit per visit does not come with unlimited messaging with our team.
- You do not need to complete a Wellness Assessment to establish care with our dietitian.
What should I complete before my first visit?
- Prior to your scheduled visit we ask you have all of your new patient paperwork filled out in full so that we can use our time discussing your medical history!
- Please upload any labs and/or imaging to your patient portal that you may have had done so we don’t perform any unnecessary testing!
- You will also need to sign our consent/releases/authorizations prior to your visit!
Is lab testing included in my membership or Wellness Assessment?
- Lab testing is essential to diagnosing and treating the cause of your condition! This allows us to target your treatments specifically. However, no, lab testing is not included in the fees for the Wellness Assessment, membership, or a la carte visits.
- We make every effort to ensure you are well informed of any and all fees associated with getting lab work done prior to collecting the specimen.
- Fees for blood testing on your initial visit can range from $150-300 & functional testing can range from $200-400 depending on which test is ordered.
Can I use HSA or FSA for my care?
Yes, you can use a HSA or FSA account for your care with us! Your visits may also be covered by your insurance provider as out-of-network medical care. We provide you with a superbill to submit for insurance reimbursement – many members do receive some reimbursement.
What’s included in my membership?
Your membership with us covers all the visits & messaging you may need during the length of your plan.
- Essential Membership
- 6 month plan = 3 doctor visits
- 12 month plan = 6 doctor visits
- Unlimited messaging with your doctor
- Both = discount on all labs, supplements (both in-office and online), IV’s, injections & nutrition visits if needed
- Complete Care Membership
- 6 month plan = 3 doctor visits; 3 nutrition visits
- 12 month plan = 6 doctor visits; 6 nutrition visits.
- Unlimited messaging with your doctor & dietitian.
- Both = discount on all labs, supplements (both in-office and online), IV’s, injections
- What’s not included:
- Cost of laboratory testing, healthcare services provided by MIMC but not specified as included above (such as IV’s, vitamin injections, etc) medical or non-medical services recommended by MIMC but provided by others (such as specialist referrals, acupuncture or exercise classes), products recommended by MIMC (such as clean beauty, clean cookware, etc.)
What does unlimited messaging include?
We aim to be your partner in health – whether you need a high five or have questions. Unlimited messaging for quick questions, support, or recommendations is available for members through their patient portal. However, if a message is deemed too complicated to address through messaging, your provider may ask you to schedule a brief phone call to discuss. We try to return all messages within 24-28 business hours, as we do not have coverage on nights, weekends or holidays.
Can MIMC be my primary care physician?
Although we treat primary care concerns, we cannot be your primary care provider for insurance purposes. Note, we do not have a 24/7 answering service for emergency concerns after business hours, or on weekends. We do encourage (and often help find) our patients to establish care with a local primary care physician for conventional needs that may arise.
What counts as a visit?
Visits with your provider can take place in-person, via phone or telehealth video platform. Follow up visits can range from 30-60 minutes & frequency is decided between you and your provider.
Can I transfer my membership to my child, spouse or friend?
Just as your health is individual to you, so is your membership. We do not allow members to share, or transfer membership services, including unused visits, to anyone else.
Can my membership be covered by insurance?
- We do not contract with insurance providers, and would be considered an out-of-network specialist. However, we can provide you with a superbill that can be submitted to insurance and your policy may cover services according to their discretion.
- Due to being out-of-network, we do not directly bill your insurance company, nor are we able to file claims, or check benefits on your behalf.
- We cannot provide a superbill for participants of Medicare, Medicaid, or MN Care. We are not eligible participants for any of these programs.
- In most cases, FSA/HSA dollars may be applied to visits, tests, supplements and botanical medicines.